Recently some friends ran into a dip I make occasionally. It is crazy addictive, and ridiculously easy to make. It’s a version of “French Onion” sour cream-based dip using good spices from Penzey’s.
I actually feel a little silly calling it a “recipe”, even, since it’s such a tiny collection of things, but I suppose that’s what a recipe is…. Anyway, here it is:
ACR0’s Chip Dip, as recently deployed at Denhac
- Large tub o’ Sour Cream (I think it’s 16 ounces? Might be 24. I’ll look when I get home. Heh.)
- 4 Tablespoons Penzey’s Chip & Dip Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Penzey’s Toasted Dried Onion (the toasted part is important, that’s what gives the “French Onion” flavor)
- Any other spices you might want to alter general flavor a bit. I think I added a bit of Penzey’s garlic powder, just to kick it up. Cayenne or other peppers are delightful. Might even think about a bit of curry, just to send the flavor that direction.
- Couple tablespoons “light” olive oil (whisked in to become mayonnaise-like)
Whisk everything together, until spices and olive oil are thoroughly integrated. Serve with your favorite chips or veggies.